As part of our social responsibility to the community, the Galena & U.S. Grant Museum, Blacksmith Shop, Gateway to History, and Administrative Office are closed until further notice. Additionally, the following events have been cancelled.
- March 22 – The Women’s Suffrage presentation
- April 5 – The Vietnam presentation, annual members meeting and potluck
- April 8 – New exhibit opening reception for members
- April 17-19 – Grant’s Birthday Weekend
- April 22-23 – New Museum Public Meetings
- April 25 – The Museum’s participation of the Boy Scout Pilgrimage
The Wine Portfolio Tasting has been rescheduled from May 16 to July 18.
Our raffle winners of the Blaum Bros. Experience and the Ladies Diamond Ring will now be drawn at the Field of Dreams Event on August 10.
During this challenging time the Historical Society will be retaining staff as much and as long as we are able. Without revenue, we will need the support of our community now more than ever until this pandemic is over. You can support the Society in a number of ways, including:
- Making a donation to the Society from our website
- Purchasing tickets for the Wine Portfolio Tasting
- Buying raffle tickets for the Blaum Bros. Experience or the Ladies Diamond Ring
All staff are furloughed, but if you must contact us, leave a voicemail at 815-821-2180 and someone will get back to you. We will notify you when we reopen and can once again share Galena’s history with our community.
The Board and Staff of the Galena-Jo Daviess County Historical Society