Join the 1858 Club
Port of Galena: 1858 is a scale-model replica of historic Galena as it looked in 1858, with a peaking population, bustling riverfront, muddy streets, and the construction of many local landmarks just coming to completion. The exhibit even includes an operating steamboat, which visitors can captain up and down the river. You can join the Club for a minimum donation of $100! Why become a member of the Galena & U.S. Grant Museum’s 1858 Club?
- ¨ You are a student of Galena history…
- ¨ You love the historic early 19th Century architecture of Galena’s downtown and Main Street…
- ¨ You own, live or work in a building that was part of Galena’s steamboat boom times…
- ¨ You want to support the Historical Society in a creative way…
- ¨ You believe that preserving the past is a gateway to the future…
- ¨ You want to honor or memorialize a loved one with a permanent recognition.
For these reasons, among others, you’ll want to be a member of the 1858 Club!
Your Gift Makes a Difference
The estimated cost to complete the project is $57,000. We expect to fund it in this manner:
- 1) 2016 Annual Appeal: $15,000
- 2) Individual and Business gifts: $14,000
- 3) Grants: $28,000
Donors can sponsor a building and become a member of the 1858 Club with a minimum gift of $100. Some named and landmark buildings are available for larger donations. To see which buildings are available for sponsorship, and their pricing, go to our 1858 Club Page Then contact Dan McCarthy at 815-777-9129 to select your building.
All donations, no matter the size, will be dedicated to the Port of Galena: 1858
Ways to Give
Cash/Check: One-time gifts and pledges with monthly installments are welcome.
ACH Withdrawals: The Automatic Clearing House (ACH) banking process is quick and easy to set up with monthly or quarterly payment options available. Best of all, the Historical Society gets 100 percent of your donation.
Online Giving: The Historical Society offers a mechanism to give through, through PayPal (no PayPal account/membership required).
Credit Cards: One-time and monthly gifts via credit card are accepted. However, due to credit card processing fees, a minimum gift of $50 isrequired. Maximize your gift by using ACH or a check instead.