For Kids and Families
Hey, boys and girls, moms and dads, grandmas and grandpas… learning can be fun when you do it together! At the Galena & U.S. Grant Museum, and here on our website, we want to help you explore our area’s great history and have fun at the same time.
- Go on an age-appropriate scavenger hunt right in the museum.
- Learn to navigate a realistic, scale model of a steamboat down the Galena River and dock it beside a huge model of the town of Galena as it was back in 1858, more than 150 years ago!
- Purchase your very own “Flat Grant,” a life-size portrait of the great Civil War general, and 18th president of the United States, and take it with you on your trips and vacations.
- Create an Oral History of someone in your family.
- Meet Rich the Blacksmith and his other smithies at the Old Blacksmith Shop.
- Learn the history of Galena’s great building while on a walking tour with General Grant.
- Everyone likes to color, so why not color pictures that teach us about history?